Studio Policy and Tuition for Fall 2018/19
One must be a dedicated student to truly enjoy the benefits of learning an instrument. Students of Pianocademy are expected to commit to weekly lessons, daily practice, completion of weekly assignments and participation in workshops. We understand that learning the piano is not always an easy journey. Should any problems or concerns arise, please communicate this with your teacher. They will always be there to support you.
AT THE LESSON
- Students and Parents should make every effort to be punctual to each lesson. The teacher will not be able to extend lesson times for students who are tardy.
- Students should bring all music materials to each lesson (assignment book, music, pencil, metronome etc.)
- Students should enter the studio quietly especially if a lesson is taking place. If students arrive early, they may wait at the dining area.
- All students are required to have access to practice on a full-length acoustic or digital piano. This is essential to the proper development of technique and sound. The teacher will be happy to aid in helping the student purchase/rent a proper piano.
There is no short-cut in learning to play the piano properly! Daily practice is key to the proper development of a student. The teacher will work closely with the student and parent to figure out a practice routine. Incentives are also used to motivate students.
- Tuition is calculated on a semester-to-semester basis, either to be paid at the beginning of the semester in total, or in a monthly installment payment plan.
- Fall 2019 semester includes 18 reserved lessons and costs of music assigned by the teacher and participation in workshops and masterclasses. Students will be responsible for the cost of any additional materials.
- A single $25 discount off of the total semester fee is offered to: 1) those who pay the tuition in total 2) if 2 or more family members is taking lessons OR 3) to those who have referred a new student to this studio
Fall Semester: September 11th 2018 – February 3rd 2019
*Please check the calendar for full studio schedule.
Tuition (per semester)
Monthly Payment Plan (fee per month)
30-min : $132.40
MAKING YOUR PAYMENT
Tuition and first monthly payment is due on September 18th, 2018
**MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN**
There will be 5 monthly payments for each semester. Payments (except for the first month) are due on the 1st of each month. Payments due after the 1st will incur a $15 late fee which will automatically be applied to the following month’s invoice. Those who continuously miss their payments will be asked to pay the remaining semester fee in full.
- Invoices will be sent by e-mail each month. The following payments are accepted:
2) Checks: made out to “Asuka Fu”
3) Paypal: pay through the link paypal.me/pianocademy
4) Venmo: username pianocademy
**For cash and checks, please hand in payment directly to teacher at the lesson by the due date**
- There are no refunds for missed lessons
- Make up lessons will be offered to students who notify the teacher in writing at least 2 days in advance for their missed lesson
- There will be no make-up lessons for students who miss their lesson and fail to notify the teacher at least 2 days in advance.
- In the rare event the teacher is unable to attend a lesson, make-up lesson will be provided. If the teacher is unable to provide a make-up lesson, a refund or credit will be issued.
- Should students desire to stop lessons, refunds for remaining untaught lessons will only be given during the first 4 weeks of the semester. After the 4th lesson, no refunds will be given. In the event of a serious illness or family crisis a refund for remaining untaught lessons may be given at the teacher's discretion.
- The teacher has the right to terminate lessons at anytime if the student does not abide by the studio policy. A refund will be given for any remaining untaught lessons.
- There will be additional fees for students who decide to participate in other activities such as annual recital and music exams.
FALL SEMESTER SCHEDULE
Fall Semester Begins: September 11th, 2018
Thanksgiving Break: November 20th – November 25th, 2018
Winter Break: December 19th, 2018 – January 1st, 2019
Last Day of Fall Semester: February 3rd, 2019